- J – Brand Twisted. First they brought us the Houlihans and now J-Brand are presenting us with a new denim religion, the Twisted. Perfect for adding colour and quirky style to your wardrobe this summer. Buy them from www.donnaida.com or www.trilogystores.com.
2. Part sheer maxi skirt. Summer is all about the maxi skirt and the hottest maxi trend right now is part sheer, chiffon, pastel maxi’s like this one in mint green from Miss Selfridge £37. So dare to bare whilst leaving some things to the imagination with a part sheer maxi and get an instant wardrobe update for Summer. 3. Miss Piggy Tee’s from Pinko. Toon’s are zooming into our summer wardrobes and the most stylish toon of all, Miss Piggy is making her debut into the world of fashion with a big KAPOW ! She’s starring in Pinko’s capsule T-shirt collection which will be available in Pinko stores at the end of April. I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these Tees, the question is how to choose just one??!!
4. Vintage Levi, dip dye, pink denim cut off shorts. Festival season is kicking off with Coachella in Palm Springs and these Vintage Levi’s cut off’s from www.pretaportobello.com are a perfect festival piece for just £35.
5. The Crop Top. Baring your midriff is one of the biggest and sexiest trends for summer. Wear with a high-waisted skirt or trousers to do the trend right. Mix trends for maximum impact by including something like this Floral bustier £35 from Virgoslounge.
6. Zara Blazer. During a short shopping session I came across the amazing blazers currently in Zara stores. The spring trend friendly blazers, which come in a variety of bright and pastel colours are reminiscent of a modern version of British heritage classic, tweed. A very chic way to stay warm during those cool summer evenings. See the whole selection here.
Posted in Fashion
Tagged Blazers, Bustier, Cartoons, Crop Top, Denim, dip dye, Florals, J-Brand Twisted, J.Brand, Levis, Maxi Skirts, Midriff, Miss Piggy T-shirt, Miss Selfridge, Pastels, Patels, Pinko, Pretaportobello.com, shorts, Virgoslounge, Zara
The Hermes Birkin is a bag that is generally associated with exclusivity, luxury and status. Handmade in leather by Hermes this very sought after accessory is generally distributed exclusively to Hermes boutiques in limited quantities, but as of this morning you can get your hands on a Vintage Hermes Birkin at a fraction of the normal price tag in a special promotion on ACHICA. With bags available in several colours perfectly suited to this seasons trends, there is no reason to not take advantage of this promotion. Visit www.ACHICA.com and treat yourself to this exclusive status bag at a massively discounted price.
I have been writing about prints for a few weeks now and I am very sorry if you’re bored of reading about it but I just can’t help myself. Prints are my favourite trend for Spring/Summer and to indulge my passion for prints Miss Selfridge have just launched their Designed By luxe capsule range for the second season. The 12 piece collection is an explosion of abstract prints and holographic mirror images, which sets it apart from the main range at Miss Selfridge and allows each piece to be worn whatever the occasion. Naturally I want all 12 pieces for my Spring/Summer wardrobe but my favourites are the Mirrored Bird Print Shirt and the Tropical Shift Dress, both below, both £50. Check out the rest of the collection at www.missselfridge.com, it’s already available from the Miss Selfridge flagship store on Oxford Street and will be going nationwide from April.
Hilary Swank looks amazing here at the Salvatore Ferragamo Gala dinner for the opening of the Leonardo Da Vinci’s ultimate masterpiece exhibition at the Louvre in Paris. Purple is a HUGE colour this season and the detail around the neck is beautiful all finished off with very on trend court shoes. Style crush!
I love this pastel pink dress with draped sleeves from Zara £45.99. definitely one for my shopping list.
It must me getting to that time of year. The evenings are getting lighter, the leaves are becoming greener and the breeze is getting just a little less bitter, which means Spring is just around the corner and it’s time to put away our faux furs (I know it can be hard) and revamp our wardrobes with the latest trends.
Fashions florists have been working hard all winter to bring you the best of my favorite trend this season. When I think of Summer I think of flowers, the word is synonymous with the season and just like the sunshine the colours can just cheer me up, which is why it’s pretty petals and blooming buds that will be bursting my closet boundaries in the upcoming months.
Springs hyper floral’s are a mixed bouquet so don’t be afraid to experiment with different prints as well as mixing and matching of patterns and textures.
Erdem Dress £870
Mary Katrantzou Scarf £340
Skinny Jeans River Island £40
Reiss T-shirt £79
MSGM Dress £340
Swimsuit Next £35
Jumpsuit D&G £959
Posted in Fashion, Trends
Tagged D&G, Erdem, Floral, Floral prints, Mary Katrantzou, MSGM, Next, Reiss, River Island, Spring/Summer 2012, trends
This Organic and low carbon cotton T-shirt was designed by Katherine Hamnett in aid of next weeks Official Climate Week. The T-shirt is just £9.99 and will be available at H&M stores around the country as of Monday. This limited edition ‘Save the Future’ T-shirt is made for men and women so go get yourself one and join the likes of Sir Paul McCartney in supporting this very worthy cause. Proceeds will go to the Environmental Justice Foundation’s (EJF) campaign for climate refugees, so you won’t have to feel at all guilty about buying yet another T-shirt as charitable retail therapy is good for your closet and soul.